Friday, January 9, 2009

In Closing...


I have finally returned to Lubbock and Texas Tech and had a very nice trip back from San Antonio. The Beltwide Cotton Conferences proved to be everything that I expected and more. I want to thank Monsanto for the opportunity to run the student blog at this year's conference. Janice Person and Tyne Morgan with Monsanto's public affairs were very instrumental in making my stay in San Antonio a great experience.

I enjoyed meeting cotton growers and industry leaders at the conference. People in the cotton industry are truly some of the nicest people I have ever met, and everyone I talked to welcomed my questions. Like I mentioned before, I didn't have any direct experience with cotton until I moved to Lubbock, and I learned a great deal about new technologies with the crop and the industry as a whole over the past few days.

I can tell that people involved in the cotton industry are passionate about what they do, and it was exciting to see that enthusiasm. From the looks of these conferences, I think some great times do lie ahead for the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment